These are some of my favourite quotes on resilience. I share them in the hope that if you ever find yourself going through a challenging time, these will be enough to give you that extra hit of inspiration and download of strength to keep you moving forward.
I must admit…
I’m a big fan of quotes.
They’re perfect espresso shots of knowledge and wisdom that can send you into deep contemplation for days at a time.
And in times when I’ve needed to push myself a little further, muster up that extra bit of courage, fuel my motivation when I’m running on empty or gain a little perspective with a problem I’m experiencing, I’ve found quotes to be a powerful pick-me-up
- “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.”Gregory S. Williams
2. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient.”― Steve Maraboli
3. “As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed.” ―Vincent van Gogh
4. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
5. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” ―Vernon Howar
6. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” ―Bob Marley
7. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.”― Jodi Picoult
8. “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.”― Elizabeth Edwards
9. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.”― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
11. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” ―Katherine Dunham
12. “Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used.” ―Richard E. Byrd
13. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” ―Dalai Lama
14. “It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
15. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” ―Maya Angelou
16. “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ―Vivian Greene
17. “When we are no longer able to change the situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
18. “If you consider yourself a victim, you are not going to have a good life; if, however, you refuse to think of yourself as a victim–if you refuse to let your inner self be conquered by your external circumstances–you are likely to have a good life.” — William B. Irvine
19. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
21. “Sometimes carrying on, just carrying on, is the superhuman achievement.” –Albert Camus
22. “Courage to me is doing something daring, no matter how afraid, insecure, intimidated, alone, unworthy, incapable, ridiculed or whatever other paralyzing emotion you might feel. Courage is taking action….no matter what. So you’re afraid? Be afraid. Be scared silly to the point you’re trembling and nauseous, but do it anyway!”― Richelle E. Goodrich
23. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
24. “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
25. “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.” – Mary Holloway
26. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
27. “No matter how bleak or menacing a situation may appear, it does not entirely own us. It can’t take away our freedom to respond, our power to take action.”― Ryder Carroll
28. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
29. “Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.” – Mary Oliver
30. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
31. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
32. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
33. “We all have battles to fight. And it’s often in those battles that we are most alive: it’s on the frontlines of our lives that we earn wisdom, create joy, forge friendships, discover happiness, find love, and do purposeful work.”― Eric Greitens
34. “Like tiny seeds with potent power to push through tough ground and become mighty trees, we hold innate reserves of unimaginable strength. We are resilient.”― Catherine DeVrye
35. “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure.” – Winston Churchill
36. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.”― Mary Anne Radmacher
38. “When we learn how to become resilient, we learn how to embrace the beautifully broad spectrum of the human experience.”― Jaeda Dewalt
39. “The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.”― Robert Jordan
When you’re going through a tough time, you can always trust these quotes on resilience for a solid boost of strength to keep moving forward. And help us get this out to everyone else having a rough time too by sharing it on you social media. You never know who’s in need, what struggles they’re going through and the difference it could make to them. We’re all in this together!
If you’re struggling with the stress of work or trying to figure out what you want to do with your life or if you’re constantly at war with yourself, battling with emotions that are slowing you down and thoughts that are keeping you down, reach out to us. Our Ultimate Resilience program will help you develop your mental strength and emotional resilience so that you’re more in control of how you feel, living more purposefully, connecting better with friends, family and colleagues, and more resistant to the effects of stress.
And if you’re thinking like this is too good to be true, here’s the thing…
We’re so confident of the impact that Ultimate Resilience will have on your life that we’ve even added a sweet money-back guarantee to it. Not without a few T’s & C’s of course. Because we’ve seen such incredible results in our clients and we want you to experience that same feeling of ALIVENESS, strength and that anything is possible, we’re completely removing the risk for you.
For more details, visit our programs page and contact us or book a FREE Curiosity Call to get you moving forward to a new, more resilient you.